Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Back to Work

Well, I'm back to work. After 6 months off - including bed rest and maternity leave - going back was a little rough. I had to think hard to remember what floor I worked on! Actually, it's getting up at 5 am that's the killer. But if that's what it takes to be home with the boys sooner... I leave while Adam is getting ready. Then Dawn (our nanny) comes over so Adam can leave for work. After a day at work, Adam's home to relieve Dawn and I'm home in time to help feed the boys.

Speaking of the boys, they're all doing great. They're awake and alert a lot more each day. They smile a lot and are even starting to "talk" more. They've outgrown most of their 0-3 month clothing so we've moved on to the next size. They really enjoy playing on their activity mat or at the "kick the bear" toy. They even bat at the toys now with purpose (and not just because they're twitchy) - they know it starts the lights and music back up. Personally, I like it when we can catch them talking up to the bear!

In all, I'm glad to be back at work. It's more mentally challenging and socially fulfilling... but I do miss the boys (and my naps)! I guess that's what weekends and 3 am feedings are for!

1 comment:

John Davidson said...

Glad your back, so when are we meeting for lunch?