Saturday, September 5, 2009

Jail Break!

The boys are grounded until they're at least 5!!!

Last weekend we were coming up from playing in the basement because it was bath time. Adam was upstairs running the bath water. The boys were in the play room (all gated in) while I went in and got the bed time DVD ready and then a potty break. All of a sudden I hear Adam yelling that there are kids outside!

At first I thought the boys might have opened the gate (one of Logan's specialities) and gone out into the back yard since they can open the sliding door. (Are you sensing a theme here?!) Instead, I run out to the front yard and find Logan at the bottom of the drive way on the sidewalk and Adam is 2 houses down with Alex and Nick under his arms!

As we're bringing the boys back into the house (no one was hurt - thank goodness!), I see the screen to the front window laying on the porch. Somehow, the three of them pushed out the screen, climbed onto the porch, climbed off the porch and into the landscaping and then into the yard. I'm guessing Nick and Alex went straight to the sidewalk and then down the street to see how far they could get before we caught them. Thankfully, Logan didn't get too far.

Remember this picture from earlier this summer...

Seems it was all just studying the window to see how they could get the screen out and escape! They actually got it out one other time too, but were caught in the act. This time, they knew to make sure no one was in the room. I should have known when I heard them all giggling!

I guess it happens to all of us. At least they weren't naked! Seems some kids like to go a couple of houses down, knock on the neighbor's door and say hi without clothes on. Wonder who that was...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ACTUALLY you said "I don't have my shoes on"