Thursday, July 31, 2008

A fun weekend with our grandsons

Last weekend we took the boys to Decatur to stay with Grandma Carol and Grandpa B (and Uncle Brandon). Adam and I actually got to go out to dinner and a movie for the first time in a long time... Guest post courtesy of Grandma Carol - photos by Grandpa B. Thanks again for watching the boys!!!

The "Boys" arrived early Saturday morning just in time for breakfast. After breakfast we covered them in sunscreen and went over to Aunt Barb's house for a swim. Alex loves the water but you have to watch him very carefully when he is in his swim ring since he loves to lean forward and splash the water. Logan likes to lick the water. And I think Nick just kind of tolerates what we do with him.

After the swim came home for a short nap before lunch. Then Uncle Brandon was anxious to take them for a ride in their new triplet limo so we walked around the neighborhood before Brandon had to go to work. It was pretty hot but the boys enjoyed the ride. Being concerned about legroom in the new stroller, I put Alex in front, Nick in the middle and Logan in back (he just lays back, puts his feet up on the side and enjoys the ride). Boys took a nice long afternoon nap. Logan really liked the pack 'n' plays where he could look in and see Nick next to him.



The boys ate supper and we were just ready to put them in the stroller to go say hi to neighbors/co-workers down the street when Aunt Denna called to say they were on their way to Guadalajara restaurant. So we prepared to go to supper with Uncle Matt and Denna. I know, I keep thinking I need to baby-proof my house but what happened next is proof. We put Alex and Nick in one pack 'n' play and Logan in the other while we got ready to go. I heard Alex and Nick fussing and when I looked I saw them fighting over something in the pack 'n' play. Logan had stood up and gotten a candle off the shelf and that is what they were fighting over.

Went to Guadalajara and of course got the usual looks when two people are carrying in three babies. The owner greeted us and commented he hadn't seen us in awhile and was really surprised to see the boys. Shortly after we arrived the staff sang happy birthday at the table behind us. Alex was terrified and crying the whole time and Logan joined him in the crying. Nick just kind of sat there looking at them. Every time I saw the staff carrying the fried ice cream to the table I tried to cover up Alex's ears but he would still cry. After that we came home and then took the boys down to my neighbors house to visit for about 10 minutes. Got home and all the boys took a bath together. I think they enjoyed it but didn't have much time to play since Alex wanted to crawl around and it was a bit slippery. So, we started the assembly line. I washed and rinsed, Grandpa dried and diapered and put them in the crib. Got bottles ready fed them and they all went right to sleep. (Not sure who was more worn out the boys or us.)

Sunday morning Alex was the early riser at 5:45. They all 3 took turns waking up playing/napping at different times. After lunch Brandon was going to work and Grandpa was going to the gun range so I took the boys over to Barb's house again for a swim. Barb, Vickie and Chole were all there to help. (They postponed going to the movie to help me with the boys, Thanks!) Then we came home and the boys napped. After supper I asked Grandpa to entertain the boys while I packed to car for the return trip. Nick was a little "needy" that day and he fell asleep after supper so I put him in the bedroom and asked Grandpa to take Alex and Logan for a ride. Shortly after they left I saw him back in the front yard. "Back already?" I asked. He had put Logan in front and Alex behind him and had to come back and move Alex to the back since he was pulling Logan's hair. "See I told you there was a reason I put Alex in front".

No comments: