Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Happy 4th of July!

We celebrated our 1st 4th of July this year on the road. It was a much different celebration than last year. This time last year I was just beginning my modified bed rest - stay home from work and just sit and grow babies. I was trying to figure out what to do with all my free time. Now I'm not sure I know what free time is! But the growing babies thing worked well and we have 3 beautiful, happy baby boys to show for it (I may be a little biased).

Friday we went up to Minonk for the annual parade. Alex and Nick were asleep during the first part and of course Logan didn't want to miss a thing, no matter how tired he was! Eventually Alex and Nick woke up (it wasn't the first set of police/fire sirens... but maybe the second) and they all enjoyed it.
They were very observant and captivated by the moving procession. Then we headed back out to Grandma and Grandpa's house for play time with the dog. Cody's still not sure what to think of all 3 of them!

Saturday we went down to Decatur for the annual Williams' 4th of July celebration. We took the boys swimming again and they had a blast! Alex was in a mood most of the day (I think a second tooth is starting to come in), but he enjoyed the pool regardless. They all loved to splash the water but no one was fond of going under. I got to hold my 2 month old cousin Ava and was momentarily reminded how small the boys used to be! It seems so long ago... and now they are almost 9 months old! Time flies when you're having fun, right?

The boys did very well with all the new people. Even Nick, who is usually slow to warm up to new people, was enjoying all the attention and people and activity. When all the other kids were in the pool, each of the boys would just stare at them. I know if they could talk they would have been begging to go in with everyone else.

We didn't really get to see fireworks this year. Bed time is a little too early and a hard habit to break (especially for my kids!). There's always next year....

No comments: